Friday, February 5, 2010

Collecting Whalers - 2008-09 Upper Deck Champs Gordie Howe

Today's Whalers card is one I overlooked for quite some time. I'm not sure how I totally missed this card when the Champs set was released last year. I only picked up a handful of packs and didn't go after the set. I must've either missed the checklist altogether or seen Howe and just assumed he was pictured in a Red Wings uniform or something.

I ended up stumbling across an image of the card while eBay searching and knew I had to grab one for my collection. I was able to add one to a SportLots order for a mere 25 cents. This is the second card in my collection featuring Howe as a member of the Whalers.

EDIT: If you haven't seen Chuck's awesome custom Ron Francis card, definitely take a look!

1 comment:

Drop The Gloves! said...

This card is just...amazing. I like everything about it. The Champs set is a real dandy and I'm thinking I might want to build last years and this years when it comes out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...