Saturday, September 22, 2012

Adrian Gonzalez, We Hardly Knew Ye - Gypsy Queen Framed Gold (and Bonus Cards)

Here's a very recent addition to my Adrian Gonzalez Red Sox collection, courtesy of eBay:

This is the 2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Framed Gold parallel.  The Gypsy Queen Framed parallels are some of my absolute favorite parallels/inserts from the past few years, so I couldn't resist this one for just $1 with free shipping.  Anytime I find a seller with free shipping I look around for a bit, and in this case I ended up with two other auction wins to go with my Gonzalez card.

First, I shelled out another $1 for this Gypsy Queen Bob Gibson Gold Framed parallel.  The Hall-of-Famers are numerous on this checklist.  I love the depth of this card, between the raised frame and the blurred stands behind Gibson.

The other auction I won was for a lot of 4 Clay Buchholz cards.  Winning bid was $3.  The lot included this 2012 Gypsy Queen base...

...2012 Bowman base card.  My first 2012 Bowman card...

...2012 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for refractors of any color...

...and finally, the best card of the Clay Buchholz lot, a 2012 Allen & Ginter relic.  Recent revelations have me wondering whether the swatch is even legit, but it's not like I broke the bank on this transaction so I'm happy to add this to my collection either way.

This seller was a good example of eBay at its best.  6 hand-selected cards, 5 for my Red Sox collection and 1 for my Adrian Gonzalez collection, shipped to my door for $5.

Adrian Gonzalez Red Sox Cards - Count
Total Cards - 18
#'d /2011 - 1
#'d /999 - 1
#'d /60 - 1
1/1 - 1
Relics - 0
Autographs - 0

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...