Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thank You Todd

I recently received an email and subsequent package from a reader named Todd from New Hampshire. In addition to some very nice and encouraging words about my blog, he let me know that he was going to be sending me a 1984 Topps hockey Paul Holmgren card, the last card that I needed to complete my 1984 Topps hockey set!

I got the package a couple of weeks ago and Paul is now in his proper place in my binder (in between Dino Ciccarelli and Al MacAdam). Arranging trades or getting pieces of mail like this have actually been some of the most rewarding aspects of having the blog. I really like dealing with the community that seems to be forming from all of these card blogs. It reminds me of my sixth grade self heading over to my buddies house with a shoebox full of cards for an afternoon of trading and talking baseball.

I'm pretty sure that Todd has been at work other places as well. Thanks for the card Todd and for reading my blog. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

Steve Gierman said...

Same person. Although, I suppose that there could be more than one sports-loving person named Todd in NH who generously donates cards. LOL.

Sal said...

The 1984-85 set is the best-designed hockey set of the "O-Pee-Chee" era.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...