Tuesday, July 6, 2010

From the Drafts Folder - 2006-07 Parkhurst Willie O'Ree Auto

While I wait for a package or two to arrive in order to continue with my "What I Bought Instead of Allen & Ginter" posts, here's another would-be post that's been in a Draft state for months.

I set out a few months back to add a Willie O'Ree card to my collection. I've been much more selective about my purchases lately and am trying to spend less money while at the same time adding cards of key players that I feel every good collection should include. Willie O'Ree, as a Boston Bruin and more importantly as the player who broke the NHL color barrier, was an easy choice.

There aren't a ton of O'Ree cards out there, which is definitely a shame. I quickly settled on this 2006-07 Parkhurst auto. This set contains some of the best looking on-card hockey autos out there in my opinion, and O'Ree is no exception.

2 comments:

PunkRockPaint said...

THAT is an awesome card!

shoeboxlegends said...

Thanks PRP, it's instantly become one of my favorites.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...