Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Shiny Cardboard - Bowman's Best Nomah!

Today was a crazy day with both work and personal stuff, so all I have time for posting this evening is a single shiny card.  It's the latest addition to my organized collection from a set that I became really attracted to in 2020, the 1999 Bowman's Best Refractors...

From the Best Performers subset, it's the great Nomar Garciaparra!  This guy was my favorite baseball player for quite a few years, and certainly was when this card was released (though I wasn't actively collecting at that time).  This will pair quite nicely with Garciaparra's base refractor that I showed off just last month.

Actually, I now have the base and Best Performers pair for Nomar, Vlad and Sammy Sosa, plus a base Todd Helton.  Given that these are relatively rare at 400 copies each, I'm pleased to have accumulated seven of them already.  I know I have at least a couple more in my to-be-posted box too, picked up before I went on a spending hiatus for the month of July.

Here's a look at the back, which I always show for these refractors, as it's a bit different than most card back designs.  I actually like the layout quite a bit, even if the serial-numbering is a bit tough to make out here.

Well, that's really all I have time for this evening.  I've got plenty of great cards, and plenty of great post ideas kicking around in my brain, but just suffering from a total lack of time tonight.

Hopefully tomorrow I find myself with more free/hobby time, and can cobble something a bit more elaborate together.  For tonight though, thanks for stopping by and checking out my shiny Nomar!

2 comments:

Elliptical Man said...

Mia Hamm's husband.

Fuji said...

Love how Topps etched the player's name, number, and lines on some of the 90's refractors like this Nomar. It really makes the cards "that much" more beautiful.

P.S. Hope tomorrow is less crazy for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...