Sunday, June 5, 2011

La Tour Eiffel!

I'll warn you now, you won't find any baseball cards in this quick post. I had a few minutes and wanted to thank Captain Canuck for his suggestion of visiting the Eiffel Tower at night. We strolled over around dusk last night, here's a photo from the second deck looking up towards the top, or "sommet":



Here's another shot, looking out across the city at sunset from the second level:



We did it the right way and went all the way to the top, although my wife was quite terrified as the elevator ascended. By the time we reached the top it was pitch black with thunderstorms on the horizon (but no rain at the tower itself), a beautiful evening. Pictures don't do it justice at night, at least not with my run of the mill digital camera, but here's a shot of my wife looking out over the city from the top:


Thanks for the suggestion Canuck!!!

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

you're welcome bud.. glad you got a clear night for it.
Something I'll never forget...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...