Sunday, November 25, 2012

Signature Sundays - Another Ike DeLock Auto!

Last year I picked up a handful of '52 Topps Reprint Autos from 2011 Lineage, including the above Ike DeLock.  I thought they were some of the nicer autos from any 2011 release, a great job by Topps of celebrating its history and getting on-card signatures of some lesser-known guys.  I ended up with 4 Red Sox in the end, which is probably all I'll ever own.  There was a 5th on the checklist, Johnny Pesky, but his card was extremely short-printed and available through a redemption only.  I've only seen two redemption cards ever listed, and they both went for well beyond what I'm willing to pay for one.  Still haven't seen a redeemed card to date.

Anyway, I was browsing around eBay the other day and was surprised to find a variant of this auto that I didn't know existed.  I was even more surprised to win the auction for less than the original DeLock auto above.  Here's the card:

This shiny version of the DeLock auto was apparently available via the 2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemption program.  It sort of has the same finish as the Diamond Anniversary parallels from the flagship set, and is numbered to a relatively scant 60 copies.  I never knew these cards existed, and I'm happy to add Ike here to the collection for a mere $12.50.  I noticed after the card arrived that my copy is numbered 52/60, which is kind of cool I guess given that this is the '52 Topps design.

I've been adding a ton of Red Sox to my cataloged collection lately, and this morning I ran across these 5, which I really like:





These are from the 2007 Topps Turkey Red set, which was one of a couple of sets that got me back into collecting in 2007.  At first I was bummed when Topps scrapped this one, but they brought it back more than once as an insert set, which I think almost works better.

That's all for today.  I've still got 3 slots I'm looking to fill in my first ever card draft, if you're a baseball or hockey collector you can get some really great cards on the cheap.  Happy Sunday everyone!

1 comment:

Zayden said...

Man I love those Turkey Reds! I haven't seen a whole lot of them in person...Going to have to change that soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...