Thursday, September 26, 2013

1953 Topps Project - Minnie Minoso

Moving one card closer to my goal of collecting the 1953 Topps baseball set in grade PSA 6, this evening's addition will be card #66, Minnie Minoso:

A very nice card indeed!  Minnie is a fascinating figure who's led an interesting life.  His first Major League appearance came in the late '40s, and his last in 1980!  He's also the subject of one of my favorite '70s Topps cards.  Minoso had a great season with the White Sox in 1953, swatting an impressive .313 with 15 HR and 104 RBI.  He was elected an All-Star and finished fourth in MVP voting, feats he would accomplish again in 1954.

I'm happy to welcome Minnie Minoso to my set.  This card may not be listed in Beckett, but it's certainly more than just an average vintage common as far as I'm concerned.

Set Progress:  56 of 274 (20%)

2 comments:

Fuji said...

That's one heckuva project... and that Minoso is awesome. I'll probably never own the 53T Minoso... but I'm going to track down one of those 77T's.

shoeboxlegends said...

Thanks Fuji! Yeah that '77T Minoso is a classic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...