- Again, you just can't go wrong with any card at all from the first ever O-Pee-Chee set
- George scored the very first goal in the history of the Toronto Maple Leafs (well, the first goal after Conn Smythe named them the Leafs)
- It's a bit tough to see, but featured on the card is a sweet New York Americans sweater. They existed from 1925 until 1942, when a combination of financial strain and World War II effectively put an end to the franchise. I could (and should) do a whole post on just that franchise sometime.
- Over a 20-year professional career George played ALL OVER THE PLACE, including Kitchener, Hamilton, Toronto and Montreal in Canada. As far as the United States goes, how about New York, New Haven, Boston, Detroit, St. Louis, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Hershey, and even right down the street from me in Providence! That's a man who just loves the sport right there.
- Missed time in 1931 after breaking his arm in a fall suffered during a horse race with drunken teammates at a bootlegger's farm.
Changing of the Guard - I know my NASCAR posts don't generate many clicks, but I'm going to bang one out anyway - outside of a select few that I'm aware of, there simply doesn't a...