Thursday, October 23, 2014

Re-packs aren't always winners...

Before I head in for a long day and night at work, let's take a look at a couple more packs that came from one of these 20 packs for 20 bucks discount boxes...


First up is 2012 Gypsy Queen, weighing in at a measly 6 cards...

I'm not overly fond of the design, but I do like the sort of 3D effect that Topps achieved by blurring the background behind the player.

The fact that this card is a new addition to my Red Sox collection is really the only good thing about this pack, unfortunately.

...

...

Sorry I dozed off there for a couple of cards.  My mini wasn't any help in saving this pack.

I guess this would be the highlight of the pack, I think it's the best photograph anyway.  Well, that was a poor showing for 2012 Gypsy Queen to say the least.

Let's see if the Opening Day set from the same year does any better.  It does have an extra card at least compared to Gypsy Queen.

A Giants player in the first pack, and a Royals player in this one.  I'm glad Kansas City pulled off the win last night, looks like it's going to be an entertaining World Series.


Neither one of these packs was all that exciting I guess, although I prefer the flagship/Opening Day design to Gypsy Queen so I guess I give the nod to this pack.

I did get an insert, but it's an odd one that I don't care much for and won't be hanging onto.



In both packs my favorite card was the final card, in this case a late-career Todd Helton.

Wow, that was pretty bad.  Good news is at least each of these only set me back a dollar...

1 comment:

Hackenbush said...

Unfortunately, that's been how I've felt opening most new packs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...