Monday, October 13, 2014

Red Sox Collection - Bogaerts on Fire

Here's a new Xander Bogaerts card I was able to land on the cheap recently.  I thought it was an interesting concept, enough so to pick up a copy given that I got it for under $2 shipped.

I'm far from cutting edge in my collecting, so I'm sure most of you have already seen these elsewhere, but if not this is a Fire Die Cut Refractor from 2014 Bowman Chrome.  In my opinion these are some of the more effective die-cuts produced in recent years.  I like the concept of the card melting away.

Topps even paid attention to the little details, like along the top where the card appears to be curling over.  Maybe not the highlight of anyone's collection, but I thought these refractors were well done and I certainly don't have any buyer's remorse after plucking down a buck or two for this one!

3 comments:

Nick said...

I have GOT to see one of these things in person.

Hackenbush said...

That's the first one I've seen. It look pretty cool. A for effort.

BobWalkthePlank said...

Thanks for sharing. I've seen a lot online, but not in person yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...