Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Quick Rip - 2008-09 Upper Deck MVP Hockey

Here's a quick pack rip of 2008-09 Upper Deck MVP hockey. Just seems like the perfect time of year to open up a pack of hockey cards. This one's been sitting on the shelf for a few months since I acquired it in a repack...

Future HOFer (and briefly a Boston Bruin!) Jarome Iginla graces the pack with his presence.  8 cards included, let's tear in...

I've never been a huge fan of this set quite honestly.  I find the design to be busy, and uninspired.  It doesn't look half bad when paired with the Lightning's team colors, but...

...doesn't work so well with other teams as far as I'm concerned.

So far every player in the pack is no longer with the team they were with when this set hit the shelves.  Not surprising I guess given that it's been 6 years.

Here's a guy that's still with the same squad, and probably the best card in the pack.  Books at a couple bucks in my greater-than-a-year-old Beckett Hockey.


Oilers hot pack!  I ended up with 5 base cards and 3 inserts.  This Sam Gagner was my least favorite.

The other two were Winter Classic inserts.  The game was played at Wrigley Field in Chicago this particular season.

That's a wrap.  If the turkey doesn't put you to sleep tomorrow a pack of '08-09 MVP certainly will if you've got one handy...

3 comments:

Hackenbush said...

I'm watching the Blackhawks pregame (Hawks-Avs) and they were just talking about the recent good play of one Brent Seabrook.

Ana Lu said...

A nice fun set from Upper Deck. I also like the Victory sets they made.

Anonymous said...

I actually like the look of this MVP set! Also, I find the Price facsimile autograph funny because it looks nothing like it does now.

Btw I was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange with my blog, please let me know - thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...