Wednesday, March 4, 2015

One Card Post - Billy Smith RC

What:  1973-74 Topps #162 - Billy Smith RC
Where:  Central Sports Cards - Pawtucket, RI
How Much?:  $5.00

Why?
: Thanks to the two great packages of '73-74 Topps hockey I received recently from Mark Hoyle, I decided to finally put some effort into finishing this set.  This card immediately came to mind, as I'd noticed it in the display case of my favorite local hobby shop a while ago.  Thanks to a dinged corner the asking price was $5, which was more than reasonable.  An ungodly amount of airbrushing on the rookie card of this 4-time Stanley Cup winner...   

Other
:  I'm expecting another big card from this set in the mail any day now...


3 comments:

Mark Hoyle said...

I looked for this card when I put the package together but unfortunately I only had one. It's got to be the Orr card that you have coming

shoeboxlegends said...

You got it Mark ;)

Pro Set Cards said...

Very cool card and best of luck going for the set! I have almost bought the Topps set a couple of times but sadly was distracted by something else. I do plan on buying the whole set someday.

I just picked up an OPC one for 5 bucks too. Sadly since mine was OPC it needs a little more damage to fall in the 5 dollar club and it has a small crease on the bottom left of the card but nothing crazy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...