Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blue Cubes - Wow!

I think I have a new favorite parallel...

I assure you this card looks every bit as good in person (maybe even better) as it does in this scan.  It's a "Blue Cubes" parallel from the 2014-15 O-Pee-Chee Platinum set.  If you enjoy shiny these take it to another level.  If I had an unlimited collecting budget I'd love to go crazy and complete this entire 200-card parallel set and put it in a binder.

Unfortunately, at just 65 copies each they aren't the easiest thing to track down on a budget.  The thing is, I've wanted a David Pastrnak rookie for a while now, but as one of the bright spots in an otherwise dismal 2014-15 Bruins season his cards command a pretty penny.  I guess that's what happens when you register 27 points in just 46 NHL games as an 18-year-old.

At the last card show I made it to, a couple of vendors had his Young Guns rookie available for $30 (even though one guy had about 20 of them in a stack).  Some recent copies on eBay have come close to that price as well, and they typically fetch at least $15 minimum.  I was right in that price range with this pick-up, and with so few of these out there it seemed like a more interesting card to acquire. 

There are thousands and thousands of that Young Guns rookie available, so I don't think I'll have too much trouble tracking one of those down later on (and probably for much cheaper than they're going for now).  I didn't mind shelling out the dough for this card though, I mean look at this one more time:

Just awesome.  Well done Upper Deck.

Enjoy the Stanley Cup Finals tonight!

5 comments:

Marc said...

Wow! Fantastic card. Congrats on a fabulous pick up.

Mark said...

Wow, that is one nice looking card. The pattern to the card actually reminds me of a Superfractor, though I really like the added pop the blue color gives to the card. Great pickup!

Mark Hoyle said...

Great looking card

Rosenort said...

Great card, still waiting for Pastrnak cards to come down a bit to pick some up.

Mark Kaz said...

Yup, I agree. That is pretty damn good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...