Thursday, May 26, 2016

#26

Wade Boggs had his #26 retired by the Red Sox before tonight's game at Fenway Park.  Ironically, the only new Boggs card I had waiting in the wings in my scans folder was this obscure Legends Variation (can you tell I'm obsessed with these yet) with a photo from his time in Tampa Bay.  This photo may or may not have been taken as Wade rounded the bases after crushing a home run for his 3,000th career hit (I believe it was).

Ah, that's more like it.  Congratulations Wade!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got a couple of Boggs oddballs sitting in my "Shoebox stack". I'll see if I can't get them into the next PWE. :-D

Bulldog said...

Always believe. I googled the video of his 3000'th hit and it does indeed look like it came from his 3000'th (And if it wasn't I wouldn't have said a thing. :)). Great card. Always liked Wade Boggs and wish he could have gotten that hit in a Red Sox uniform. Great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...