Thursday, March 29, 2018

Bogaerts Tracker 2018

The 2018 Major League Baseball season begins today, and I'm looking forward to another year of following my favorite team, the Boston Red Sox. My favorite player on the roster is Xander Bogaerts, has been for a few years running now. I had an idea for a small series of posts that will allow me to show off some sweet Bogaerts cardboard as the season rolls on.

Here's how it'll work...right now Xander currently sits ranked 58th place on the Red Sox franchise all-time leaderboard for hits, with 684. Any time that he moves up a spot on the list over the course of the coming season I'll post at least one new Bogaerts card from my collection that I haven't shown off on the blog previously. I've got some pretty impressive specimens built up in reserve and this should get me off my butt and give me some incentive to get them posted here.

Since every blog post should have at least one card featured, here's a brand new very bright Topps Fire card of my favorite shortstop! This one came courtesy of my pal Dime Box Nick. 

Best of luck to the Boston Red Sox this season, and I hope all you baseball fans are pumped for Opening Day!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Interesting idea. I hope to see a lot of him on your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...