Friday, October 9, 2020

Sportlots 4-Pack

Just a quick post tonight, been a long week.  Here is a quartet of cards I snagged off of Sportlots a couple of weeks back for $1.86 combined, shipped to my door for under $3 total...

This Charlie Blackmon was the last card that I added to the order, simply because the seller charged the same price to ship four cards as they did three.  It was also the most expensive of the four at a dollar even.  I'm a total sucker for these Chrome Purple Refractors from Topps Heritage.  My scan doesn't really do this one justice, but it's a beautiful card.

Aside from that, an epic beard and one of the best hitters in the game.  Charlie posted a average better than .300 and an OPS better than .800 during this crazy season.  I'll be happy to see he and Nolan Arenado get back to it next spring (I hope!).

Next up, Kyle Tucker of the Houston Astros courtesy of 2016 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects (Chrome).  It may look like it here, but Kyle is not a pitcher.  He's an outfielder.  I know it's not very fashionable to like the Astros right now, but I like this kid.  He's still just 23 years old and is batting .400 with Houston this post-season after their series win against Oakland.  Paid a whole 18 cents for this one.

On the heels of my first Kyle Tucker card, my second, this one from 2017 Topps Heritage Minor League.  Love the minor league releases like this one and Pro Debut, and again this was available for a site-minimum 18 cents.  Happy to finally have a pair of Tucker cards in my collection, and these were actually the catalyst for this purchase overall.

In fact, since his cards are so cheap I kind of became an overnight Kyle Tucker collector in recent weeks, but that's a post for another day.

Finally, this 2014 Bowman Scout's Top 5 Mini Refractor of my favorite player, Xander Bogaerts.  I'm always on the lookout for new cards of Xander, and while this isn't an official "RC", it was released during his rookie year of 2014, and is a refractor.  Seemed like a steal at 50 cents.  I could have sworn I already had one, but it was the Mookie Betts from this same insert set.  Pleased to have Xander to pair with him years later.

Well, that's all for now, thanks for taking a peek at some of my Sportlots pickups!  Until next time...

2 comments:

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

The Bogey mini was a steal at .50. Great find.

Fuji said...

It'll be interesting to see how Tucker's career pans out. He was one of the top Astros prospects for years, but based on prices... nobody really paid any attention to his rookie cards last year. Everyone was chasing Tatis, Guerrero, and Alonso.

P.S. Great find on the Bogaerts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...