Friday, December 9, 2011

2011 Top 20 Under $25 - #13 - Liut Auto!

Continuing my countdown of the top 20 pick-ups from 2011 that were under $25 and did not initially get a blog post, today we look at spot #13...

What is it? A 2011-12 Parkhurst Champions Mike Liut auto.
When and where did I get it? eBay, just a few weeks ago now.
How much did it cost me? $7.50 (plus $3.00 shipping).

Release a set of decent looking hockey cards featuring players from my youth and I'm pretty much sold. Include some Hartford Whalers and I'm even more interested. Throw in autographed versions of the Whalers cards and there's no doubt I'm tracking them down as long as the price is right.

When Upper Deck released its 2011-12 Parkhurst Champions set a while back I was excited to see three Whalers on the checklist; Gordie Howe, Ron Francis and Mike Liut. I'm not sure whether or not there's a Francis auto, I'm beginning to think there isn't because I haven't stumbled across a single one on eBay yet. Howe's card is great but the auto is a bit out of my price range. I was able to snag Mike Liut though for a mere $7.50!


This would be my first auto of the Whalers top goaltender during the latter half of the 1980s. I've since picked up one or two more of these Parkhurst Champions autos on the cheap, I'll have those posted soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...