Sunday, February 17, 2013

Signature Sundays - Dave Tippett

This week's Signature Sundays post is once again brought to you by 2012-13 Panini Classics Signatures.  I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but I love that this set gave me my very first crack at on-card autos of quite a few of my favorite Hartford Whalers.  Today's post features my fourth Whaler autograph from the set, Dave Tippett:

A great image of Dave exactly how I remember him, in obnoxious green, sporting a serious 'stache and the assistant's 'A' on his sweater.  I'll grant you that he doesn't have the world's most exciting signature, but I welcomed the chance to add a Tippett auto to my collection at last.  While Dave may not have been one of the league's best left wingers during his playing days, he clearly has a great hockey mind and has gone on to become much more successful as a head coach.  He was behind the bench in Dallas for a number of years, and has done very well in a tough market in his current position in Phoenix (even winning the Jack Adams award for coach of the year a couple of seasons ago).

Like the first three Whalers autos I've acquired from this set, this one barely made a dent in my monthly card budget, clocking in at just $2.99 plus $3 shipping (which covered this card and another one I'll show at a later date).  With secondary market prices like that, I'd welcome a Panini Classics Signatures set every year...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...