Thursday, February 27, 2014

Cardboard Classics - 1992 Whitehall Babe Ruth Hologram

Just a quick one today as Thursdays are my long, 14-16 hour workdays.

I pulled this from a 100-cards-for-$5 repack a week or two ago, and I thought it was kind of cool.  I'd never seen these 1992 Whitehall "Legends to Life" holograms before (although I'm sure those of you who buy repacks more frequently than I do might have).  There's something kind of odd about seeing a player from nearly 100 years ago in holographic form, but it's a cool old-time photo and I actually kind of like the simple design of the card.

The back lets me know that this card was limited to just 150,000 copies.  I will definitely store it in a magnetic one-touch holder in the small, fireproof safe I have at home, so that if we ever have kids I can sell it to pay for my son's/daughter's college tuition!

4 comments:

Pro Set Cards said...

Definitely a rare find!!! In all fairness I love the early 90's holograms and this one actually looks pretty well done too.

Great score!

Zayden said...

I miss holograms!!!

JediJeff said...

I have seen that card - twice in consecutive repacks.

Anonymous said...

I got caught stealing this card in 1992

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...