Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cardboard Classics - 2013-14 Score Shawn Thornton

Last week I received an awesome 6-card PWE from Douglas of Sportscards from the Dollar Store.  I haven't been able to find the time to scan the cards yet (hopefully will have a proper thank you post coming this weekend), but in the meantime I thought this particular card deserved to be highlighted on its own:

This awesome card is from Panini's 2013-14 Score set.  Shawn doesn't get a whole lot of cardboard love (this is only my second card of his), so I think it's great that he was included on the checklist for this set.  Aside from that, what a great photo!  Thornton emerging from the tunnel with Johnny Boychuk and Patrice Bergeron in tow, fans reaching out to make contact with the players.  The icing on the cake is the young fan to the right, in Thornton sweater with a Bruins logo painted on the back of his head!  I'm sure this must have been one of the best moments in this kid's life, and now it's immortalized on cardboard.  I wonder if he's aware of this and has a copy of the card?

The back is dull, and that's putting it nicely, but even this black and white mess isn't enough to detract from the awesomeness of this card.  Thank you Douglas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...