Monday, July 28, 2014

eBay Bargain Hunting - Part 2

A week or two ago I completed another eBay purchase from a seller offering cheap singles that I had a great experience with recently.  This time probably half the cards I purchased were for others (Douglas at Sports Cards from the Dollar Store and Mark Kaz at This Way to the Clubhouse).  I did keep 10 for myself though...

A short-print of the Wizard from 2013 Allen & Ginter for 50 cents?  Yes please!  Ozzie is one of those players I casually collect and I love the photo Topps selected for this one.

How about a Rickey Henderson short print from the same set.  This one was even cheaper at just a quarter.  Both of these auctions were actually for two of each card, so for .75 cents total I got two Allen & Ginter short prints and a spare copy of each for the trade box.

Giancarlo Stanton is one of the best pure power hitters in the game today.  I couldn't leave behind a copy of his Topps Chrome rookie for just .50 cents.

I picked up maybe 10 Blue Jays cards in this order, and every one of them is headed north of the border to Douglas at some point, save this one.  I've got a serious soft spot for the Cognac Diamond Anniversary parallels from 2011 Topps, particularly the retired players.  I was surprised to take this one home for the opening bid of a quarter.

A nice, shiny refractor of one of the game's best hurlers will get my attention at .50 cents...

...especially when it's paired with an X-Fractor!  These may end up as trade bait someday, but I'm hanging onto them for now.

The most expensive card of the ones I kept was this Nolan Ryan Gypsy Queen insert from the 2013 set, which set me back a whole .55 cents.  I guess I could have waited and eventually landed this one cheaper, but I've wanted a copy since the set came out last year and figured it was as good a time to pick one up as any.

I decided in 2012 that I was going to collect the Archives set, including all the short prints.  I've sort of soured on the set over time, but I wasn't going to pass up this Andy Van Slyke SP that I needed for just a quarter.  If I could find more of these at this price I might actually finish this one off after all...

I'm not really sure why I grabbed this Johnny Cueto purple refractor.  He's having a solid season so I think I might throw this one in my trade box and see if I get any takers sometime down the line...

Last but not least, a 1990 Score Traded Frank Thomas.  Fitting time to post this card with The Big Hurt entering the Hall of Fame just yesterday.  I'm not sure if this counts as a true rookie since Thomas was on the checklist for the standard 1990 Score set, but it will pair nicely with my Eric Lindros card from this same release.

My total for these 10 cards was under $4, not too shabby!  Sadly it looks as though this seller has stopped listing new cards as of a couple weeks ago.  I did manage to get in one final batch though before he called it quits.  Hopefully those cards will be arriving in the next week or so...

1 comment:

Mark Kaz said...

Wow, this is a pretty good dealer you've found here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...