Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Breaking News - Shoebox Legends Hires an Assistant!

I've been back from vacation for a few days now, but despite my best efforts I've had zero time for the hobby outside of keeping up with my reading of all of your wonderful blogs on the rare occasion that I get five minutes of time to myself. The result is that I'm now even further behind on a good ten to twelve trade packages that are sitting in piles on my desk, as well as some emails that I'm sure have fallen through the cracks temporarily here.

If you're the source of one of the emails or trade packages I mentioned, and I haven't reached out to you individually, please accept my apologies. All of my attention outside of my job is currently devoted to Shoebox Legends' new personal assistant, Leo:

Leo has been a great hire so far, but he is only just turning four months old, so we're going to be in the "on-boarding process" for quite some time here.  So, if I'm less responsive than usual, or you see a few days without any posts here (which you just did), I'm still around.  Just...busy.

Obligatory card!  This is a sports card blog after all.  Mookie got off to a slow start this year after last season's blistering near-MVP pace, but he's really coming around as of late.  Let's hope he keeps swinging a hot bat through the dog days of summer here (see what I did there?). 

This one is from last year's Topps TBT promotion.  They had me hook, line and sinker last summer for any Topps NOW or TBT Red Sox card they printed up.  This year, not so much.  In fact I've bought just two Topps NOW cards this entire season, because they were from a game I attended.  But that's one for another day, when I have time.

Well, that's quite literally all I've got at the moment.  Leo does like to sleep at times, so there's a sliver of hope that I might be able to start digging myself out soon here.  In the meantime, I really do appreciate all the awesome cardboard that's been sent my way.  I have so many great things to post about here, and I hope to do so soon!

9 comments:

Tony Burbs said...

Cute puppy! Hopefully he's a better helper than my wife's cat, who just likes to knock my stuff over for the fun of it. Cats are jerks.

JediJeff said...

Make sure he doesn't mark his spot in the room all over a 5k box.

acrackedbat said...

Hi Leo! Welcome to the blogs! Hope to see you as a guest writer! Tell your boss it's ok to do your business on any White Sox material.

defgav said...

Leo! Nice.

Fuji said...

Man... I need an assistant like Leo. Great looking puppy.

Marc said...

He's a handsome fella. May he bring you years of joy.

GCA said...

Wook at dem ears! An' dat mushable fayce! Awwwww

Billy Kingsley said...

Congrats Shane, he looks pretty cool!

Pro Set Cards said...

Awesome Assistant you have there. Hopefully he's gentle with the cards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...