Wednesday, July 12, 2017

More Star Wars Buybacks!

Last week I showed off my first couple of buybacks from the Topps Star Wars 40th Anniversary set, and today I have the next pair for you...

First we have a Tusken Raider, riding a bantha on Luke Skywalker's home planet of Tatooine.  As a kid watching the original films these were some pretty intimidating evil dudes.

The other buyback I've got queued up for today is my first of the yellow border variety.  This scene shows the rebel pilots arriving back at their base, in a state of jubilation after destroying the Empire's Death Star.

If I'm being completely honest this pair isn't quite as exciting as the first two I landed, but I honestly find all of these buybacks amusing and entertaining.  I'd never be crazy enough to try for a complete set, but I'll certainly seek out a few more if I can locate them at just a couple bucks a pop like I did these...

2 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

Very cool...I've always loved the Banthas.

Fuji said...

I'll always be a fan of any post featuring original Star Wars cards. Both of these are awesome. As for the Tusken Raiders... I wish they received more screen time back in A New Hope. As a five year old kid... these guys scared the hell out of me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...