Monday, February 18, 2019

Lazer Prizm Mbappe!

A quick post today, featuring a pretty big pick-up for my soccer collection from last year...

My sixth card of the exciting French striker Kylian Mbappe!  Already one of the most highly touted young prospects in the world, Mbappe really became a household name at last year's World Cup.  He was easily one of the most exciting players in the tournament, and was a big reason France won it all.

Kylian has continued his strong play since the tournament, with a league-best 19 goals in 18 matches so far for Paris Saint-Germain in France's top tier of football, Ligue 1.  He was ranked #4 on The Guardian's infamous list of the Top 100 Male Footballers for 2018, behind only Luka Modric, Ronaldo and Messi.  Not bad for a guy who only turned 20 a couple of months ago! 

This Lazer Prizm is my fourth variant of this particular Mbappe card now, joining the base, Blue & Red Wave Prizm and Orange & Green Wave Prizm.

A very sharp looking card of one of the most promising young players in global football.  Since it's such a nice reminder of France's exciting 2018 World Cup win, I hope to add a couple more versions of this card to my soccer collection someday!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I only know about M'bappe from your blog, but it sounds like he's got a great future, and your investment in his cards should prove to be a wise one if he's up there with Ronaldo and Messi already. (I'm not familiar with Luka Modric, either. Does he play for the Mavericks? :P)

Fuji said...

I don't follow any soccer leagues outside of MLS, so I hadn't heard of Mbappe until the 2018 World Cup. That guy was so much fun to watch. That first goal against Argentina was eye opening. I look forward to seeing him in 2022.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...