Monday, May 27, 2019

Killer Krejci - Let's Go Bruins!

Just one card tonight, getting ready to watch the Stanley Cup Finals kick off shortly!  The Boston Bruins will be taking on the St. Louis Blues, and I'll be on the edge of my seat hoping that Boston can bring home their second Stanley Cup during my lifetime as a fan.

I'd be particularly pleased to see my favorite player, David Krejci, raise his second Cup in a week or two here.  I used to be a hardcore Krejci collector, but realized many years back that modern player collecting wasn't really my thing.  I sold off a couple of my nicer Krejci cards to fun a graded Mario Lemieux RC (which I don't regret in the least), but I held on to this beauty and never managed to post it until today:

Oh yeah!  I'm not a big "look at that sick patch!" guy but...look at that patch!  Three different colors and some nice, thick stitching there.  These Rookie Materials relic cards were actually found in the Upper Deck base set in 2007, as they've been for many years, but the patch versions are really scarce.  I'm glad I hung onto this one all these years, because looking around today I couldn't pick up a replacement even if money was no object.  This would be one of my best Krejci cards, period...

...if it weren't for the fact that the patch is "event used".  Cue the sad horns.

A nice looking card nonetheless.  I hope David and the rest of the team come out firing on all cylinders tonight following a lengthy rest after their Easter Conference Finals sweep.

Go Bruins!

3 comments:

Rosenort said...

One game down, 3 to go!

Marc said...

Nice card. Nice Bruins victory.

Fuji said...

Congratulations on the win! I'm still upset with the beatdown the Blues gave the Sharks... so I'm hoping the Bruins return the favor.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...