Tuesday, January 7, 2020

One Card Post - Dineen RC at Last!

What:  1985-86 O-Pee-Chee #34 - Kevin Dineen RC
Where:  COMC
How Much?:  $2.50

Why?:  Completely inexcusable that I call myself a Whalers collector, yet never tracked down a copy of Kevin Dineen's O-Pee-Chee rookie card until now.  One of the best players in franchise history, longtime captain of the team, and fan favorite.  I'm not sure it's possible to make a better contribution to my Hartford Whalers collection for $2.50 than this card.

4 comments:

Billy Kingsley said...

Congratulations! Now that I've been in the hobby for so long (2020 is my 32nd year) there are some cards that I'm sure I have, but when I go and actually check, it turns out I don't...I just thought I did. Sometimes I have a parallel of it, most of the time I'm just remembering incorrectly.

The worst is when you skip it at a show or shop and realize when you get home that you needed it...and it's compounded if you bought something you don't need and didn't remember that either! I wish I could say I didn't do that all the time...

Fuji said...

I'm embarrassed to say this... but I remember Dineen more for his years with the Flyers. But in my defense... I didn't watch hockey until the Sharks arrived in 1991.

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Lol..I didn't have a Dineen RC either (still don't) I really need to make my Whalers collection more of a priority.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...