Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Collecting Whalers: 1995-96 Topps Stadium Club

I'm still scanning my way through the monster lot of Hartford Whalers cards I picked up on eBay. Recently, I stumbled across these 6 1995-96 Topps Stadium Club cards. I was done with my first run at collecting by this point and never snagged any of these when they were released.

#4 - Glen Wesley - I actually like the design from this set. The borderless photos are nice and crisp and I like the little TSC puck logo.

#29 - Sean Burke - Great action shot, although it looks like Burke may be on the verge of giving up a goal here.

#38 - Nelson Emerson - The only horizontal card in the bunch...

#61 - Andrew Cassels

#149 - Andrei Nikolishin - It's actually Nikolishin, not Nikolishen. They got it wrong on the front but right on the back. Nice job Topps.

#EC172 - Geoff Sanderson - Extreme Corps - Given that this is card #172 I'm guessing that Extreme Corps is a parallel of the base set maybe? Anyone know?

4 comments:

Blackhawks Cards said...

THE WHALE LIVES ON!!!!!

What the hell does Extreme Corps actually mean?

GCA said...

Extreme Corps in the baseball set is just a subset - they have regular numbers toward the end of the set.

shoeboxlegends said...

Thanks for the clarification on Extreme Corps GCA, much appreciated!

Blackhawks Cards, I just added your blog to my blogroll. Looking forward to checking it out!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I really liked your review. Nice information! Your content unique and meaningful about it. You doing very well job!.
Sports,Outdoors
Regards.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...