Thursday, October 6, 2011

The 2011-12 Season Begins!

As I'm sure every hockey fan knows, the moment we've all been waiting for is now just a couple of hours away. At 7 PM Eastern time the defending Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins battle the Philadelphia Flyers to kick off the 2011-12 NHL season. The Canadiens and Maple Leafs have a 7 PM face-off as well, and the Penguins and Canucks round out the evening with a 10 PM start. Unfortunately, I have to work this evening (horrible timing!), so I'll be late to the action, most likely catching the Bruins tilt on DVR around midnight tonight. Hopefully this random David Krejci card will bring both the Bruins and my favorite player some luck this evening:

This is David's Upper Deck Trilogy rookie, one of the last Krejci rookies I was missing, which arrived in my mailbox a few weeks back courtesy of eBay. It's shiny, which is nice, but is a little too busy for my liking, which may explain why I never pulled the trigger on it until recently. It's hard to tell because of the foil, but this card is serial numbered to 999 copies.

The back is nothing special either, with the same photo recycled from the front. Maybe not the world's most exciting card, but it brings my Krejci collection to 42 unique cards and counting.

Anyway, here's to another successful season for the boys in black and gold! Best of luck to all hockey fans this year, regardless of who you root for (except for the Canadiens, I hope they go 0-82-0).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...