Sunday, March 25, 2012

Random 7-Card eBay Hockey Lot

Cards are piling up around here faster than I can catalog them and post about them. In an attempt to catch up, here are 7 random hockey cards purchased on eBay that have all arrived recently...

1988-89 Topps - #66 - Brett Hull (RC)

True, there's a heavy dose of airbrushing on this card, but it's still a classic. Hull is one of the game's all-time snipers, and it's great that his rookie card can be had in mint condition for less than 10 bucks. I already had a PSA-graded copy but needed a raw card for my set binder. This card will garner some serious consideration when I get around to choosing #66 for The Ultimate Hockey Card Set.

1988-89 Topps - #116 - Patrick Roy

Another '88-89 Topps set need, Patrick's 3rd year card.

1988-89 Topps - #194 - Pierre Turgeon (RC)

Turgeon was the first overall pick in the 1987 entry draft, and I remember being a huge fan of this guy when I was young. In fact, I used to have a puck with a picture of Turgeon superimposed on it that I picked up at the pro shop at a Hartford Whalers game back in the day. He had a great career with 500+ goals and ended at better than a point-per-game over his 1,294 games played.

1988-89 Topps - #120 - Wayne Gretzky

One of my favorite cards from the decade, period. This symbolizes perhaps the most significant trade in NHL history. I already had a graded copy of this one, in fact I chose it as one of my Top 60 hockey cards a while back, but like the Hull rookie this one will go into the '88-89 Topps binder.

1974-75 Topps - #28 - Bruins Team Leaders

One of the final cards towards my 1974-75 Topps set. Anything from the '70s with Bobby Orr on the front is tough to come by, so I was pleased to snatch this one up for just a couple bucks with free shipping.

1974-75 Topps - #129 - Phil Esposito All-Star

After Phil here, I'm now just 5 cards away from finishing this one! All I've got left is the NHL Assist Leaders card, Bobby Orr All-Star, Borje Salming, Guy Lafleur and Bobby Clarke.

1974-75 O-Pee-Chee WHA - #30 - Gerry Cheevers

My favorite card in the lot, and another great addition to my steadily growing WHA collection. I've wanted this one for a couple of years now, and it will look pretty good next to the Jacques Plante I just picked up from this set.

Oh, and if you're bored and in the mood to see a junk wax pack rip, I've just posted a pack of 1990-91 Topps hockey over on A Pack a Day.

4 comments:

1967ers said...

Interesting that both Brett's and Bobby's RCs were #66. Not an accident, I'd bet. Even the photos are vaguely similar.

Unknown said...

What are the Esposito card worth

Unknown said...

What are the Esposito cards worth?

shoeboxlegends said...

Not very much unfortunately! He doesn't get a lot of hobby love for some reason. I suppose if you had a pristine graded version it may be worth a bit, but raw cards similar to mine are probably worth a couple bucks at best sadly...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...