Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Zistle Trade with Rosenort

This 1987 Topps Certified Rosenort Auto was included, how creative is that?  Great stuff!

I recently completed my first trade with Rosenort of Condition Sensitive.  One of the things I like most about Zistle is the opportunity to connect with other collectors out there, and this is a great example.  In addition to swapping some cards I now have another new (to me) card blog to follow.  Ten cards came my way in the deal, but one of them I already had (always update your want lists kids).  The nine I did need helped fill some set needs, both baseball and hockey:

Probably my favorite card in the entire package.  I bought a complete set of 1984-85 O-Pee-Chee hockey from my local hobby shop a couple of years back in really great condition.  I'd say NM-MT to MT, with most all cards nicely centered, which is quite a challenge with this set, and a beautiful Yzerman rookie.  There were 25 or so cards that were off-centered enough or had another defect that made it so that they just didn't look right with the rest of the set in the binder.  They were removed and I've been searching for fitting copies since.  Darryl here was really the last big-name player that I needed, although this is a late-career card.

Here's another one, defenseman Joe Cirella of the Devils...

Rounding out the trio is Greg Malone, especially appreciated is this was a Whalers card I didn't have previously.  All three of these are a perfect fit condition-wise with the rest of my set, couldn't have asked for better examples.  I think I'm down to just seven or eight commons left to knock this one out.  This is one set I definitely intend to complete in 2013.

Here's another set I've had all the cards from at one point or another, but am again hand-collating, 1991-92 Upper Deck.  Some big names here, Gartner...

...Nieuwendyk...

...really love this set, although I'm biased as it's one of the junk wax era products I ripped the most of as a kid...

Last of the four is Al MacInnis in sweet Flames sweater.  That was it for the hockey portion of the package, but there were a pair of 2013 Topps baseball set needs included as well.


Not surprising that there were some extra Rockies laying around in Rosenort's doubles box I guess.  Thanks for the trade, hope you received and enjoyed your package as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...