Sunday, September 28, 2014

Signature Sundays - Brian Leetch!

This Sunday we've got a big name Hall-of-Famer and one of the premier defensemen of his day, Brian Leetch:

Brian racked up quite a bit of hardware en route to the Hall, including the Calder Trophy, Conn Smythe Trophy, two Norris Trophies, won the Gold at the World Cup of Hockey (as Captain), and even hoisted the Stanley Cup!  One of the better offensive defensemen of his day, Leetch is one of only a small group of blue-liners to record 100 points in an NHL season (and I believe was the last D-man to do so).  Brian even played in a Bruins sweater for one largely forgettable post-lockout season, the final of his brilliant career.

This particular autograph is short printed, like the two I showed from this set last week.  Many of the HOF players in the set are, which makes them doubly tough to track down at a reasonable price.

If my count is correct I'm up to 127 autographs displayed here on the blog from this set, between the original release and the additional ones that came out with Contenders this past season.  I've still got a few more yet to go believe it or not!

3 comments:

Mark Kaz said...

One of the best there ever was! This man, along with Messier and Richter, made me the happiest 13 year old on the planet in June 1994!

Marc said...

Gorgeous card. Perfect timing of this post as New York bids adieu to another player who wore number 2.

shoeboxlegends said...

Thanks guys! Marc, I can't believe I didn't even put the Jeter tie-in together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...