Friday, July 29, 2016

One Card Post - Papi Proof

What:  2016 Panini Diamond Kings #64 - David Ortiz (Artist's Proof Parallel #'d /99)
Where:  COMC
How Much?:  $1.60

Why?
:  Just got back from a week in the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire.  I managed to get a couple of scheduled posts up just before I left, but aside from that took a total break from the hobby as well as work, and pretty much society in general.  In fact, I purposely chose a location without cable TV, internet, or even a cell phone signal; just a cabin on the banks of a babbling brook in the middle of nowhere.  I never once looked at a computer screen, or heard a news headline, but I did do plenty of hiking and kayaking.  It was awesome.

Oh yeah, the card.  I'm always looking for opportunities to add "rare" parallels (which I define as 100 copies or less) to my Red Sox collection on the cheap.  Since I think Panini did a fantastic job with this year's Diamond King set, this seemed like a perfect opportunity to do just that.

If you're waiting for an email or cards from me please bear with me as I painfully adjust back to "real life mode"...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...