Sunday, January 21, 2018

One Card Post - Coffey Refractor

What:  1995-96 Topps Finest Refractor #137 - Paul Coffey
Where: eBay
How Much?:  $2.50 (free shipping)

Why?:  When I picked up the Parkhurst Ed Sandford I showed off the other day, the seller offered free shipping for any other cards tacked on to the order.  Of course I looked around and snagged a few more gems for my collection.  Among them was this refractor of HOF defenseman Paul Coffey.

I'm under no delusion that I'll ever complete this 191-card set in refractor form, especially with the super scarce and expensive gold refractors that are on the checklist.  Nonetheless, Coffey here is my 25th refractor from this set, which feels significant.  I'll continue to keep my eyes peeled for more of these for sure...


2 comments:

Marc said...

Refractors are always a nice pick up. Price was right especially with F/S of a Hall of Famer who had a cup of "coffee" with the Bruins during his last season.

Fuji said...

Cool Coffey! It's not the greatest design... but I hold the 95/96 Finest refractors near and dear to my heart. I dove head first into boxes that season trying to pull the gold refractors from that set.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...