Friday, July 29, 2011

Belated Congrats to David Krejci

Time has certainly flown by since the 2010-11 NHL season came to a close with my hometown Bruins capturing their first Stanley Cup in decades. The Bruins winning the Cup was something that I enjoyed immensely, and as someone who hasn't missed even a minute of a single game for about 7 years now (thank you DVR!) I appreciated it more than any other championship I've been alive for. I didn't really have the time or motivation to put my thoughts on the championship run into words for a post, but since David Krejci is my favorite current player I'd be remiss if I didn't do a quick post on his 2010-11 season.

Krejci was a major factor in the B's Cup run, and believe it or not he ended up the overall post-season league leader in both goals (12) and points (23)! I'd say David did a pretty good job of redeeming himself after a disappointing 2009-10 post-season where he was knocked out for good by Mike Richards, ultimately leading to the team's demise in that awful collapse of a series against Philadelphia. Here's the newest addition to my David Krejci player collection:

2010-11 Panini Zenith - Dare to Tear EPIX - #37

I haven't purchased any Zenith, nor do I plan to, but apparently these Dare to Tear EPIX cards were contained within a larger card. You can only get one by "dearing to tear" into your larger card to see who's inside. Like most cards with excessive foil, it doesn't scan too well but is much more pleasant on the eyes when seen in person. Once AGAIN, Panini has given us the exact same photo on the back of the card as the front:

Looking at Krejci's NHL career so far, I'd say this past season was his second best individual campaign, behind the 2008-09 season where he set what so far are career highs in goals, assists and points, led the league in +/-, and tallied 6 game-winning goals:


A pretty good start through basically 4 seasons. If David can stay healthy again this year he may cross the 200 assist plateau. Looking forward to 2011-12!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...