Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cards from Cards from the Crease

A while back I sent some cards over to Brad at Cards from the Crease. I got my return package a few weeks ago and finally got around to scanning in the cards. Here are 10 of my favorites from the package:

Brad knows that even though I'm a set collector primarily, I do casually accumulate Sergei Fedorov cards. This 2005-06 Upper Deck card has an interesting shot of Sergei stretching in an ugly Blue Jackets sweater. I wasn't collecting at all in 2005 so I think this might actually be my first card from this set period.

Going back a little further, here's a 2003-04 Victory Fedorov....

...and a 1997-98 Pinnacle Mint as well. I think I'm getting close to crossing over the 100-card mark for the Fedorov collection.

This 1992-92 Upper Deck Paul Ysebaert was in the package. May not look like much, but this is one of the four final cards I needed to complete my '92-93 Upper Deck flagship set. Three more commons to go and I can cross this one off the list!

This one didn't scan so well, but it's a recent Black Diamond card of Milan Lucic, with what looks like a Welch's juice ad on the boards behind him. I like that it features the Bruins' third sweater, which I don't seem to come across on cards that often.

Brad also knows that I'm a Whalers fan, so he threw in a couple of cards of the franchise's greatest player, Ron Francis. This one's from the 2001-02 Upper Deck Mask Collection, which I had never heard of before.

Here's Ron again pictured with Carolina on a 1998-99 Upper Deck base card.

Finally, an interesting card of Francis with the Pens from the 1996-97 Metal Universe set. I've seen these posted about on other blogs but this is the first one I've held in hand.

Of course there was a Hartford Whaler or two thrown into the package. This Shanahan, from the 1995-96 Summit set was one I didn't have. Giving me a new Whalers card is a surefire way to make any trade package a winner.

To finish it off, here's one last Fedorov card from his days with the Blue Jackets, this one from the '07-08 Upper Deck Ice set.

Thanks for the awesome package Brad, hope to trade again sometime!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Youre very welcome! Im glad to see that you've received it. btw I did include the coin for the Fedorov Mint card in the package as well, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...