Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Smorgasbord

Here's a random smattering of cards I happened to scan in this afternoon while cleaning off my desk and watching Josh Beckett pitch batting practice for Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder...

A National Trading Card Day Jaromir Jagr card, back from when Topps was still in the hockey card game. I'm looking forward to seeing how Jagr and his teammates fare against Pittsburgh in the first round of the playoffs.

I found the remaining 3 cards to finish off the 6 card 1992-93 Upper Deck Euro-Rookie Team insert set. I think I got these from Sportlots a few months back...

Some big names in this set including Bure, Lidstrom...

...and Hasek.

Some not-so-big names as well, like Peter Ahola...

...Alexander Semak...

...and Tomas Forslund. Maybe not the greatest looking cards but I was happy to finish this one off nonetheless.

The Red Sox may have sucked today, but the Bruins ended their season on a high note, with a shootout win after a late-game comeback to force overtime against the Buffalo Sabres. Patrice Bergeron turned in another solid season; his 64 points were second on the team behind Tyler Seguin, and his +36 was the best +/- in the NHL! In fact, the five best +/- players across the league in 2011-12 were all members of the Boston Bruins.

Here's a random Drake's Cal Ripken card that I picked up at the same time as the Bergeron.

This Sergei Fedorov brings me to 100 individual Fedorov cards in my collection. Not bad considering I've really been focusing on set building the past few months...

I found a couple more cards for my Will Clark collection as well, including this 1994 Bowman's Best.

A while back I won an auction for two 2009-10 Champ's yellow parallels for just 99 cents with free shipping. Considering these are one-per-box I thought it was a steal. I really liked this set, and just completed the 100 card base set earlier this year. I always grab the colored parallels when I find them cheap.

In addition to Lucic, I got Dale Hawerchuk in a great Jets sweater. Dale is card #100, the last card in the full-size base set.

Finally, here's a '70-71 O-Pee-Chee Prince of Wales Trophy. I had to get at least one vintage hockey card in the post, and the final day of the NHL season seemed like an appropriate time to feature a trophy that will be presented to one of the 8 Eastern Conference playoff teams in just a few weeks. Last year the Bruins won it, who's your pick for 2012?

2 comments:

Brad said...

Nice post, love the various cards featured.

JediJeff said...

That is just cruel - posting Hasek as a Blackhawk. One of the MANY stupid moves by Wirtz and Keenan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...