Saturday, April 21, 2012

"Extreme Value" Hockey Repack Box - The Finale, Finally...

At last we've reached the final post from the "Extreme Value" repack box. As promised, I received a bonus in addition to the four packs I've featured so far. That bonus was a fifth pack, surprise surprise...

Another pack of 2006-07 Upper Deck, this time Series 2. The biggest card in this series by far is Malkin's Young Guns rookie. I'll spoil the suspense right now and let you know that I did not pull one. Here's what I got instead...

Dupe.

I pulled a Tim Thomas from my Series 1 pack the other day, and the Bruins lost. Maybe Patrice will bring some better luck, as the B's take on the Caps in Game 5 of their opening round series just a few hours from now.


Hey, maybe this wasn't such a dud of a box after all! Potential trade bait was one of the main reasons I picked this up, and this two-color swatch is now sitting in the small pile of cards that's slowly building up for 1967ers.



Okay, this pack has to be a good omen for the Bruins.


Each pack contains one Victory card, I pulled Brandon Prust. Prust is now a member of the Rangers, and has appeared in all 82 of the team's games for each of the last two seasons.

Let's take a look at the rest of the 100 bonus cards...

1994-95 Score is one of the ugliest designs ever to grace a hockey card.





Dupe.





Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe. Pretty brutal stretch of doubles right there...


Appropriately, the final card is yet another 1990-91 Bowman. I have to say that this repack box is pretty much exactly what I expected, not too extreme. All in all though I can't complain for $10. I got around 85 new cards for my collection, pulled a Maple Leafs hit to send off in a trade, and got a healthy stack of dupes for the trade box. Not bad for $10, but at the same time I'm looking forward to getting back to some different posts.

2 comments:

Casey said...

PJ-JO! It's in the bag!

1967ers said...

Don't think I've ever seen '94-95 Score before. That's, um, something. :)

Not a bad value for $10. One of the local grocery stores has blasters of '05-06 UD2 for $9.99. I should grab one of those.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...