Sunday, April 15, 2012

"Extreme Value" Hockey Repack Box - Part 1

In Target yesterday I stumbled upon this "Extreme Value" repack box, which contains 4 packs of hockey cards plus another hundred loose cards.

130-150 total cards for $10 seemed reasonable, plus I figured this would provide a few posts for the blog and maybe some trade bait. I'll break this up into a few posts, each with a pack and a few of the loose cards. Just how extreme would my value be? Let's find out...

Today's pack is 2007-08 Upper Deck MVP. I'm not collecting this set, but I do have close to 100 loose base cards that I've accumulated over time. 8 cards in the pack...

Parrish appears to be done with his NHL career. After appearing in just two games with Buffalo in 2010-11, he did not see any ice time in the league at all this past season.

Steve now plays for the Pens, who are surprisingly down 0-2 in their playoff series against Philadelphia.

Another guy who won't likely see in the NHL again. Hasn't played an NHL game since 2008-09.

Dustin now plays for the Kings, who are up 2-0 on Vancouver in their first round series.

One of the players tragically killed in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash last year. I had forgotten that he played a couple of seasons with Minnesota.

Dupe.

Dupe.

An insert card I don't particularly care for. Nothing too exciting in that pack. Here's a sampling of the 100 bonus cards that were included...

Dupe.

Dupe.

I probably had a dozen copies of this card as a kid, but I can't seem to find one. So, I got at least one card I "needed" from the bonus 100.

Dupe.

Dupe. At least it's a Whaler...

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe. One of the better cards from the box though.

Alright, here's a card I didn't have from a set I've never seen. This is a 2002-03 Upper Deck SP Authentic base card.

Dupe.

Dupe.

1993-94 Score is ugly.

So is 1994-95 Score.

Another '02-03 SP Authentic card.

Score! Believe it or not, this 1990-91 Bowman card was actually on my want list. A Hartford Whaler no less!

Dupe.

Dupe.

Dupe. That's more or less what I expected from the bonus cards, 3 straight dupes to end the lot from right smack in the middle of the junk wax era. The Adam Burt was the highlight of this post, which is pretty sad to say the least. I'll be hanging onto that one, but other than that if you for some reason want any of these cards let me know and they're yours.

Next pack will be up tomorrow...

3 comments:

Brad said...

These value packs are always a surprise, sometimes good but mostly bad. Looking forward to the next post.

Michael said...

I picked up one of those awhile ago and haven't seen one since...I actually ended up getting some nice parallels and inserts but like you mentioned the loose base were sub-par...good luck in the rest of your packs

Casey said...

I mean, I know the word EXTREME should have prepared me for the extreme-ness that was to follow, but in no way was I prepared for this amount of EXTREME!!!

At least some of the base cards were of HOFers, right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...