Monday, January 28, 2013

A Dollar at the Dime Box - Mansfield Show - Pt 3

Here are the next ten cards plucked from a dime box at the Martin Luther King Day show held at the Holiday Inn in Mansfield, MA...

I started and finished the last post with a Griffey, so why not lead off this post with another?  I'm actually quite surprised that it took me this many years to track down his '93 Fleer Ultra card.

The first Fleer card to show the Wizard of Oz with the Cardinals for a dime?  Mint condition too?  Yes please!

Three more from that same 2004-05 Upper Deck Legends Classics set.  I grabbed everything that was in the box from this set.  These are the last three though, Gilbert Perreault...

...old-timer Red Kelly...

...and Jari Kurri's familiar visor.  I could be wrong about this, but I feel like he was one of the first to rock the half-shield back in the day.  He's one of the first that comes to my mind anyway.

I snagged a few of these 1998 Topps Gold Label cards.  One or two went out in trade packages but I kept a handful for myself.  Thanks to baseballcardpedia I was able to make some sense out of this checklist.  There are 100 players in the set, but each player has a card in three different tiers.  Mo Vaugh here is a Class 1, which are identified by the player's name appearing in gold foil.  The background photo of the player is always a fielding photo on the Class 1 cards as well.

This Cal Ripken is a Class 2, which are more rare than Class 1, and fall at 1:4 packs.  Class 2 cards feature the player's name in sparkling silver foil, and the background photo always depicts the player running.

This Griffey Jr. is also a Class 2 parallel.  I'll take a 1:4 packs Griffey insert for a dime any day of the week!

I'll close out this one with a couple of Negro League cards from the 2007 Allen & Ginter set.  There just aren't a million cards of these guys out there so I couldn't leave them behind.

So there you have it, another dollar spent.  I've got two more of these posts to go, which I'll have out by the end of the week...

2 comments:

Zayden said...

I really like that Fleer Ultra Griffey too! I think that set has a nice smooth and polished design that looks attractive even in today's standards.

Hackenbush said...

Whoa, great picking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...