Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Backed Up...

If you're waiting to hear from me on a trade or package hang in there. I am incredibly behind at the moment.  Part of this is due to my own busy schedule, part of it is due to a huge influx in trading activity in recent weeks.  I must have sent out at least a dozen packages over the past two weeks but I'm still not out of the woods yet. I can't seem to find 5 minutes for a quick post or a trip to the post office.  BucCollector, your trade cards finally went out today, and Underdog Card Collector, I picked up a couple of additional cards for you out of a dime box at a show this weekend.  I plan to have your package in the mail before the weekend.  I have thank you posts coming to numerous people including the aforementioned BucCollector and Underdog Card Collector, as well as reader Marc and Michael from The Card Raven, among others.

Since I feel obligated to include at least one picture in every blog post, here's a new Red Sox card that I just picked up a couple of weeks back.  This is from the inaugural 2001 Topps Heritage set.  If you're a team collector and you've tackled this set before, then you know that these aren't the easiest cards to find and can get a bit pricey (relatively speaking for a single modern card), especially for an SP like Nomar here.

For whatever reason, certain teams really got screwed on the checklist for this set in terms of short print ratio.  For example, the Cleveland Indians have 15 cards in the set, and not one of them is a short print.  The Red Sox, on the other hand, have 18 cards on the checklist and all but two are deemed SPs!  Nomar set me back $2.60 plus $1.95 shipping for a total of $4.55.  One down, 17 to go.  Hopefully they don't all demand the premium that this card did, or I'll be looking at $80-$100 to complete the team set!  I've got the 17 I need on the want list now as I continue to organize my Red Sox wants and needs, so if you have any available hit me up!  (Yes I realize I just complained about having no time for trades and invited potential new trades in the same post).

I have a ton of great material to post here, including my haul from a card show this past weekend, some really great on-card autos and a bunch more stuff.  Hopefully I can find some time in the next few days to get around to at least some of it.  Until then...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where was the show? Mansfield?

shoeboxlegends said...

Yup! Holiday Inn in Mansfield, MA. I thought it was okay, better than the other shows I've been to recently in Braintree and Woburn...

Zayden said...

I Hear ya on the time constraints. It takes me forever to get anything card related done. When it starts to feel more like a job then I slow it right down. I sometimes envy the guys that can do a post or two every day and do 10 trades a week...however I would just get way too burnt out too fast and also like you I just don't have a whole lot of time to spend writing on the blog.

Great stuff as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...