Thursday, January 17, 2013

Zistle Trade with stevienicks77

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I'm going to try to get more trading done this year, so I figured it made sense to knock out the first trade post of the year today.  It comes in the form of my third Zistle trade, with user stevienicks77.  I sent over a few random Royals cards, a couple of David Wrights and a Mark McGwire, and in return got 14 cards that I needed towards my 2012 Topps Archives set.  Here are a few of my favorites...

Included in the lot were two Red Sox, Clay Buchholz...

...and Dustin Pedroia.  These are especially appreciated because not only do they get me one step closer to completing this set, but they go towards my goal of 2,000 Red Sox cards by year end.

Nolan Ryan's base card was included and this might have been the highlight of the trade for me.  Any Nolan Ryan that I didn't have is a good one.

I really like this Yogi Berra card, best photo of any card in the package hands down.  What really made the deal for me though was the fact that 3 of the 14 cards were from the 40-card short print set:

Ken Singleton 1980 Topps design.  I like this photo much better than the one on Ken's original '80 Topps card, but I don't have a scan handy.  In fact, I'm not even sure I own that card...

Bake McBride 1975 Topps design.  I kind of like Bake's original '75 card better.  That one I do own, but I don't have a scan around, sorry.

Finally we have Jack Clark on the 1988 Topps design.  Not a drastically different photo than the original really.

This trade was a huge help, particularly due to the three short print cards.  I'm now 52 cards shy of the 200-card short set.  The short prints are another story as I have just 10 of the 40 out there (no I'm not paying $200+ for the #241 Bryce Harper gimmick).  This is one of the sets I hinted at in yesterday's post though, would really like to knock it out by year end.  If you are on Zistle you can already see what I need from the set, but I will have my regular want list here updated shortly as well.  If you have any of this stuff for trade, particularly short prints, hit me up!

Thanks for a great trade stevienicks77!

1 comment:

Brad's Blog said...

I have an extra base set of archives, i'll trade the rest of the ones under 200 i might have a couple extra short prints id have to check. Let me know if your interested brauer144 at gmail dot com

bradsphilliesblog.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...