Thursday, April 28, 2016

2015 Topps Chrome Update - Mission Accomplished

My latest COMC shipment included this Jacob Lindgren from last year's Chrome Update set.  Not much of a card on its own, but significant for me because it's the last one I needed to complete the 50-card set!

I've been admiring these cards since they first hit the shelves in those holiday mega-box things last year, and it feels great to finally call this one complete.  Here's a look at the entire set.  I won't bore you with commentary, enjoy the shiny images:


















































A nice looking set, indeed!  My biggest gripe is that 50 cards isn't a great number if you're displaying them in a binder (which I am).  I had four empty slots left on the final page.  Well, it just so happens that the Red Sox have exactly four cards in the Chrome Rookie Sensations insert set.  Problem solved!




Mission accomplished, project complete!

7 comments:

Once a Cub said...

How do you scan chrome so well? Or was last year's set different than previous incarnations of chrome?

JediJeff said...

Ahhh....only 2 Sox from the set, and really only one I would care about.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know how hard you were chasing after those.

JayP said...

And not a single diamondback to be found...so sad

Tony Burbs said...

Congratulations on completing this beauty of a set. However, I hope you wore sunglasses while handling all of these at once - otherwise, I'm afraid you might have gone blind.

Tim B. said...

Congrats on putting this set to bed. It looks great. Hopefully someday soon I'll be able to finish mine off too!

Mark Kaz said...

Wow, that is an epic accomplishment, my good man! Congrats on amassing a beauty of a set. I'm sure it looks amazing in pages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...