Sunday, April 2, 2017

Signature Sundays - Beautiful Blue Bogaerts!

Opening Day is finally here!  While my local team, the Boston Red Sox, don't take the field for a game that counts until tomorrow afternoon, a trio of games gets the season underway today.

To celebrate the occasion, here's one of my biggest baseball pick-ups from the off-season:

This killer on-card autograph from 2014 Topps Chrome is certainly one of the cornerstones of my small Xander Bogaerts collection.  A Rookie Autographs Blue Refractor, this card is serial-numbered to /199 copies.  It's an especially nice addition for me, as blue has always been my favorite color.

I love the photograph that Topps went with for this one as well, featuring Bogaerts signing a baseball card for a lucky fan.  I like that the photo is different from the one used on Xander's standard Topps/Topps Chrome rookie in 2014.  Great job by Topps here.

Here's a look at the back, you can see the serial-numbering stamped in foil in the upper right.

Yup, this one makes me quite pleased!  Best of all, it pairs nicely with the Sepia version I picked up a couple of years back.

Will Xander have a good year hitting for average, like he did when he hit .320 in 2015?  Perhaps we'll see more power out of him like we did last year when he clubbed 21 home runs and drove in 86?  I can't wait to find out!

Enjoy the 2017 MLB season everyone, and thanks as always for stopping by my little corner of the internet!

3 comments:

defgav said...

Wow, awesome card! Hoping for a big year from him.

RAZ said...

Nice card! I've got him on one of my fantasy baseball rosters, so I hope he does well this year.

Hackenbush said...

Great looking card! Congrats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...