Friday, February 27, 2015

Another Mark Kaz PWE

This is getting to be a regular feature here, but it's time for the latest PWE from my buddy Mark Kaz of This Way to the Clubhouse.  As is the case with our usual back and forth envelopes, I found 9 brand new Red Sox cards inside...

I'm among the many who are digging the 2015 Topps flagship set.  Thanks to a few more Sox courtesy of this package, I'm getting close to the complete Series 1 Red Sox team set.


After this trio of base cards I believe I may be missing only Xander Bogaerts.

Mark was kind enough to include some inserts too.  I think the inserts are pretty flat to say the least, however I will happily acquire any Red Sox regardless.  Yoenis Cespedes, we hardly knew ye!

I'm guessing these Babe Ruth inserts may be Wal-Mart exclusives, because I haven't pulled one in any of my 2015 Topps purchases, which have all been from Target.

To pad out the rest of the PWE, Mark found a trio of older Red Sox cards that I was still missing for whatever reason...

John Barnes never made it to the show with Boston, but he did appear in 20 total MLB games with the Twins between 2000 and 2001.

I'm sure Mark couldn't have known this would be the case, but this '94 Stadium Club Tony Pena was actually my favorite card in this envelope.  For whatever reason I really love this set.  Brings back a lot of memories.  I'd pick up a few cheap boxes if I weren't afraid that all the cards would be stuck together and damaged.

I'll leave you with a nice blinding yellow 1991 Fleer card.  I didn't recall having seen this one in the past, and when I flipped it over I realized why.  This is actually from the 1991 Fleer Traded set.  Good thing I love any and all Red Sox cards, including obnoxious yellow ones!

Thanks as always Mark!  Got another PWE coming your way this weekend.  Tag, you're it!

7 comments:

Mark Kaz said...

Sorry that this envelope wasn't the most exciting. After all, I mean, there's only so much you can do with a blazing yellow '91 Danny Darwin card. LOL! And, I agree with you on the Pena, as well as '94 TSC. I hope to track down a cheap complete set one of these days.

Mark Hoyle said...

I'm going to have to track down the Babe Ruth subset. Nice batch of Sox. Who do you still need I have some Dupes

Hackenbush said...

I like the Ruth. I don't recall having seen that image.

shoeboxlegends said...

Mark Kaz, was perfectly exciting! I love a 1991 Fleer as much as a 2015 Topps as long as it's a Red Sox card I didn't have!

Mark Hoyle, I'm missing Escobar, Ranaudo and Bogaerts from the base set. Let me know if you've got any of those guys!

Thanks Hackenbush! That image seemed new to me as well.

Mark Hoyle said...

I have the Renaudo and Escobar. I'll drop them in mail today.

shoeboxlegends said...

Awesome, there's a PWE sitting in my mailbox (aka snowbank) for you at the moment as well, on its way as soon as the mailman shows up!

Mark Hoyle said...

There on the way. Through a couple of extra things in also

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...