Thursday, March 6, 2014

A PWE from Canada - Douglas Strikes Again!

On the very same day that he began posting a trade package I sent his way, I received a PWE in the mail from one of my favorite trading partners, Douglas of Sports Cards from the Dollar Store.  Inside were 5 cards that were all needed and all greatly appreciated:

We'll start with the lone baseball card, a Wally the Green Monster from the 2012 Topps Stickers set.  I've got something of a minor Green Monster collection going (this is my 5th card of the mascot).  This card was actually on my Most Wanted list in my sidebar for a while before this package crossed it off.

It's getting more and more difficult to find any Whalers cards that I don't already have, but Douglas always seems to manage somehow.  Example A is this non-licensed card of Hartford draft pick Michael Nylander from the 1991-92 Classic Four Sport set.

Here's another, of Hall-of-Famer Paul Coffey from the 1996-97 Leaf Limited set.  This card was actually on my Zistle want list, and looks much better in person than it does in the scan.

In the last PWE Douglas sent me there was a great Bobby Orr National Hockey Card Day card.  When I was adding it to my collection on Zistle I noticed that Gordie Howe came right before Bobby on the checklist, and that he was depicted with the Whalers.  I noted it in that last post, and what do you know, Douglas came through and included that very card this time around!  This package brings me to 1,146 unique Whalers cards and counting...

Finally, a nice Pat LaFontaine Premier Pivot insert from 1993-94 Ultra.  I'm a sucker for the '90s Ultra inserts, and this particular card also sat on my Most Wanted list for one reason, it finished off this 10-card insert set:










Some big names in there, nice to finally finish this one off after years of accumulating.  Thanks once again for a great bunch of cards Douglas.  I guess it's time to find some new cards to add to my Most Wanted list...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...