Friday, July 3, 2015

Purple World Series Winners!

I've been chasing some 2013 Red Sox parallel sets, since it's the last season the team was really any good, and I feel like their World Series Championship should be well represented in my collection.

In the last COMC order I had shipped, I finally got my hands on some of the 2013 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor parallels I was missing.

I prefer to remember Mike Napoli the way he played a couple of years back, and try not to think about how things have been going for him so far in 2015...


I'm interested to see how Topps is going to handle the colored refractor parallels in this year's Chrome set.  Who knows, maybe they won't have them at all, or maybe that information is already out there somewhere.  Keeping up with new releases is not a strong point for me in the hobby.


For some reason, everyone on COMC still charges more than they should for Jackie Bradley Jr. cards, at least in my opinion.  Pretty sure we can all agree that he may be a defensive standout, but he's never going to rake the ball at the Major League level.

The best part about these is that they complete my team set, which just so happens to fit perfectly in a 9-pocket page!

Very nice!  Those were certainly better days for the team.  These cards will go nicely with the orange refractor team set I knocked out a while back.  I guess X-Fractors or another color are next up!

1 comment:

Mark Hoyle said...

The purple page looks impressive

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...