Sunday, October 23, 2016

Gavin Sent Me Cash!

Got a great package in the mail this past week from Gavin at Baseball Card Breakdown that included some cash!  Before we get to that though, let's see some of the other content, starting with 13 needed cards from 2015 Topps Stadium Club.

Sometime in the next few weeks I really need to just sit down and put together a Sportlots order to knock this set off.

Gavin's given me the motivation to do so, as with this lot in hand I'm now just 42 cards shy of a complete 300-card set.

Since the Kris Bryant rookie is not one of the ones I'm missing I'm guessing most can be had for 18 cents a piece.

While the bulk of the package consisted of Stadium Club set needs, there were some Red Sox to be found as well.  Put on your sunglasses for this next one.  Ready?

1991 Fleer, possibly the brightest set in the history of baseball cards.  Outside of those with yellow as their favorite color, I'm not sure there are too many fans of this release.  Still, I needed a copy of this Brunansky.

2005 Donruss was a very solid minimalist design if you ask me, happy to have a new one.

I really wish we could have seen what these Diamond Kings cards could have looked like with logos, because even without them I'm a fan.

A really classy looking Nomar here, from 1999 Gold Label.  This is a "Class 1" card, which I think was the most prevalent tier?  In looking at the images on COMC though, I like this one better than either the Class 2 or Class 3 cards in the same set.  Go figure.

I don't think Panini was quite as successful with the 2014 Classics set.  Kind of a bland design, but my Pedroia count increases by one regardless!

Got a couple of shiny Red Sox too, my favorite kind.  A Silver Ice Josh Beckett parallel from 2012 Bowman...

...and a 2014 Topps Chrome Blue Refractor of the man who really seems to have revived his career with Cleveland this year.  Gonna be a fun World Series to watch here, can't wait!

Here's the Cash, Johnny Cash!  How freakin' sweet is this custom card?  I thought this was a thing of beauty when Gavin posted it a few weeks back, and I told him as much.  He was kind enough to ship me one, and I would put this right up there with my Pearl Jam cards in terms of my favorite music-themed cards in my collection.  See, it pays to comment!

Just an awesome photo here of a man whose music I love, and could Gavin have chosen a better set template than Conlon to pay homage to The Man in Black?  I can't think of one.  I love this card so much I gave it the toploader treatment, which it very much deserves.

Thanks for the great surprise package Gavin, I'll have to see what else I can dig up around here for you!

3 comments:

defgav said...

Glad you like!

shoeboxlegends said...

Amazing job with the Johnny Cash card man, every bit as cool in hand as it was when I saw it digitally on your blog! Thanks again for thinking to send me a copy.

BobWalkthePlank said...

Haha. Love that Cash. He could do a Jack McDowell baseball version!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...