Sunday, November 24, 2019

A Football Card Experiment - Game 11 - The 'Boys

In an attempt to increase the size of my very small football card collection, I'm picking up and featuring one new card for each of the Patriots' 16 regular season games this year.

This week the (now) 6-5 Dallas Cowboys rolled into New England to face the (now) 10-1 Patriots.  The weather was probably the biggest factor in the game, with the cold, rainy and windy conditions less than ideal for throwing the ball.  In the end, thanks to some turnovers and one very impressive catch, the Patriots pulled off a close victory at home.

For the football card project this week I once again went with a card of New England's opponent...

One thing and one thing only drew me to this card; the uniform.  The Cowboys should totally sport these exact jerseys for a game or two if you ask me.  The simple, two-color design and those gigantic stars on the shoulder pads just works.

I can't really find much out about Tom Frankhauser in my limited searching.  Didn't know this when I picked up the card, but this made me an instant Frankhauser super-collector.  According to The Trading Card Database, this is the only sports card ever produced of the defensive back.

Here's a look at the back, though...

...this purchase was all about the photo on the front!

I'm still really enjoying this small foray into football cards during the 2019 NFL season.  The project will continue next Sunday as the Pats face the Houston Texans.  Until then, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Fuji said...

I'll always root against the Cowboys! They're the Yankees of the NFL. Congratulations on the win.

P.S. Cool card ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...