Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hockey is Here!

Tonight the NHL season kicks off and my local team, the Boston Bruins, open their season in Colorado taking on the Avalanche. I've always been a fan of the local team, but only begrudgingly so in this case, as the Bruins were the arch-nemesis of my favorite hockey team of all time, the Hartford Whalers, for years. I can't remember the last time I've been this excited for an NHL season to kick off, last year's Stanley Cup final was such a great matchup that I've been anxiously awaiting the start of this season all summer.

Will Patrice Bergeron be able to bounce back from the crushing hit and subsequent concussion that kept him off the ice for the better part of last year? Will the Bruins improve upon their admirable first round loss to the overpowering Montreal Canadiens last year? Will Joe Sakic, who's really getting up there at age 39, spark the Avs to a win?

By the way, how sweet is the photography on this Joe Sakic card? You gotta love Upper Deck...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...